This is the 473rd motorcycle/scooter I have reviewed, which must mean something
Here are my initial thoughts on the ’13 BMW C 650 GT scooter, although I am sure I will add to them over the course of the year as more opportunities to ride it come up. The GT is the larger of the two models – floorboards and more luggage and a bigger windscreen
- Not as cramped as most scooters I’ve tried
- Dark red paint looks good – could use even more flash
- Electronic windshield works very well – silent when all the way up, and zippier when down.
- Heated grips and ABS
- Massive storage under seat
- Brakes work in 3 phases, right (blah) left (good) and both (NOW!)
- Massive torque (relatively) from 650cc twin at low rpm makes it work well in traffic
- Feels light – I know it is not particularly light, but it is still really easy to ride and feels light
- Actually a pleasant exhaust tone, and a nice level of vibration so you know you are on a machine.
- Perhaps typical for a BMW – seems more “serious” than most competitors.
- Made two helmet videos – now to see if they are of any use
- I think this is going to be a very popular model, as well as the Sport version